- 2 cups milk 2 %
- 1 1/2 cups of stale bread
- 1/2 cup of dried apricots
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 stick of butter
- few drops of vanilla extract
Level of difficulty Easy
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 ° F.
-In a saucepan, heat milk with chopped dried apricots.
-Crumble the bread into a bowl, pour the boiling milk and let soak 5 minutes so the bread absorbs the liquid.
Melt the butter. Whisk the eggs with sugar, then add the vanilla extract and melted butter. Pour this mixture over the bread. Mix well and divide the dough into a silicone mold. Bake 30 min. Upon exiting the oven, let cool on rack.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Lemonade Poke Cake 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Grandma's Butter Cookies 4/5 (24 Votes)
- Cannelloni with Goat Cheese 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Stuffed Peppers 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Spanish Meatloaf 4.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Meatballs 4.1/5 (29 Votes)
- Assortment of Rice Pudding 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Apricot Ginger Bliss 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.