Veal meatloaf with tomato confit and pistachios
By Veau de Pentecôte
Veal meatloaf with tomato confit and pistachios. Discover our recipe.
- 1 lb ground veal (half and half collar chest)
- generous 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 10 tomatoes confites in olive oil
- 1 handful of unsalted shelled pistachios
- 3 oz (a little less than a cup) of stale bread crumbs soaked in milk
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 ° F
- Coarsely chop the pistachios and set aside.
- Finely chop the tomatoes, drained of their olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine ground veal, bread crumbs (after squeezing the milk out of them), parmesan, tomatoes and egg. Add salt, pepper and pistachios.
- Oil a loaf pan and place the mixture inside. Give a rounded shape on top. - Cook for 45 minutes, until bread is lightly browned. Unmold, cut into thick slices and served hot or cold at the table for a picnic.
Cut meatloaf into think slices a make a veal sandwich. Add arugula to your sandwich and serve with tomato coulis.
His idea and more! Pistachios can be replaced with hazelnut or 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds. Prepare the night before to save time the next day!