How to make a zebra cake in 5 simple steps
Here's how to make a stripey zebra cake in just 5 steps!
1/8 View slideshow
What you'll need
- 25 cl of vegetable oil (8.5 fl oz)
- 10 cl of milk (3.4 fl oz)
- 250 g caster sugar (1 cup + 2 tbsp)
- 4 eggs
- 300 g plain flour (2.5 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
More steaming articles
How to make a rainbow potato in a few... How to make a cut-out sandwich in no... How to make braided chocolate brioche
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!