Great spring cake. Sprinkle top with pistachio nuts and violets.
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg jello pistachio pudding
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup pistachios for sprinkling on top
- Pistachio Icing:
- 1 pkg. jello pistachio pudding
- 1 envelope dream whip
- 1 1/2 cup milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients for the cake for 2 minutes. Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 F.
Beat all the ingredients for the pistachio icing about 5 minutes or until thickened.
Ice the cake when cool. Sprinkle pistachios on top. Decorate with violets.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1119 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (928 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (351 Votes)
- Jello 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cheese Pie 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Khoorabia (Armenian Butter Cookies) 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Jelly Worms! 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Almond and Pistachio Crusted... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!