Great spring cake. Sprinkle top with pistachio nuts and violets.
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg jello pistachio pudding
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup pistachios for sprinkling on top
- Pistachio Icing:
- 1 pkg. jello pistachio pudding
- 1 envelope dream whip
- 1 1/2 cup milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients for the cake for 2 minutes. Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 F.
Beat all the ingredients for the pistachio icing about 5 minutes or until thickened.
Ice the cake when cool. Sprinkle pistachios on top. Decorate with violets.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!