Great spring cake. Sprinkle top with pistachio nuts and violets.
- 1 pkg. yellow cake mix
- 1 pkg jello pistachio pudding
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup pistachios for sprinkling on top
- Pistachio Icing:
- 1 pkg. jello pistachio pudding
- 1 envelope dream whip
- 1 1/2 cup milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Mix all the ingredients for the cake for 2 minutes. Bake for 50-55 minutes at 350 F.
Beat all the ingredients for the pistachio icing about 5 minutes or until thickened.
Ice the cake when cool. Sprinkle pistachios on top. Decorate with violets.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1126 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (929 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (351 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.7/5 (328 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.7/5 (39 Votes)
- Jello 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Jello Cream Cheese Pie 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Khoorabia (Armenian Butter Cookies) 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!