Classic American Carrot Cake
- 3 cups grated CARROTS
- 4 EGGS (unbeaten)
- 2 cups SUGAR
- 1-1/4 sips SALAD OIL
- 2 tsp. SODA
- 1/2 tsp. SALT
- 2 cups FLOUR
- 2 tsp. CINNAMON
- 1 tsp. VANILLA
- 1 cup CHOPPED NUTS
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350* F.
Combine first 4 ingredients and beat for 1 minute.
Add next 5 ingredients and beat well.
Bake 40-45 minutes in 350* oven, until tester come out clean.
Let cool and spread with CREAM CHEESE ICING.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!