Gâteau chômeur (cake)
Rate this recipe 2.5/5 (4 Votes)
- 2 c. packed brown sugar
- 1½c. very hot water
- Cake Mix:
- ½ c. shortening
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 c. milk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 c. flour
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix sauce ingredients together and place in a 9X13 pan. Mix all cake ingredients in a bowl and put by spoon over the syrup.
Bake 350°F 40-45 minutes.
You'll also love
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cups. 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Pork Chops 2.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Potatoes Au Gratin 2.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Strawberry Yum-Yum Pie 2.3/5 (111 Votes)
- Pastry 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Homemade Biscuits 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe