Rate this recipe 2/5 (1 Votes)
- 5 cups flour
- 1 pound shortening or lard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cut first 3 ingredients with a pastry cutter. Using only 4 cups of flour at first.
Add vinegar and egg to measuring cup. Fill to 1 cup with cold water.
Mix liquid into dry ingredients. Add last cup of flour if needed. Do not over work dough.
You'll also love
- Easy Yorkshire Puddings 4.7/5 (38 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Filo Pastry Parcels with Scallops... 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- cannaoil 4/5 (20 Votes)
- Dumplings 4/5 (5 Votes)
- My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies 1.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Corn Bread 1.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Custard/ Egg Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- White Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chocolate Strawberry Braid
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe