- 1 Cup Self Rising Corn Meal
- 1 Cup Self Rising Flour
- 1/3 Cup Butter melted
- 1 Small 8oz Can of Cream Style Corn
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbl Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Water
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 375. Grease 12 inch pan.
In large bowl, beat sugar and melted butter. Stir in eggs one at a time, beating well after each is added.
In separate bowl, mix flour, corn meal, corn and milk. Stir in egg mixture slowly until blended.
Let mixture sit until it rises. Stir and let it rise again. Stir and pour into baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Add cheddar cheese and/or jalepenos for seasoning.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!