- 4 cups rhubarb cur in 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp melted margarine
- Frozen pie shells (2)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Mix sugar, flour, melted margarine and eggs
Mix in rhubarb
Place mixture in unbaked pie shell
Defrost other pie shell, gently flatten and cut into 1/2 strips and make a lattice top.
Bake for 10 minutes in 450 F oven
Turn down heat to 350 F and cook 35 minutes until golden
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!