- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 2 jars pasta sauce
- 1 24 ounce container ricotta or cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 box no boil lasagne noodles
- 2 pounds mozzarella cheese
- 2 pounds mild cheddar cheese
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 325. In a frying pan, brown sausage with onion and garlic.
While sausage is browning, combine ricotta, eggs and spinach in a mixing bowl.
Once sausage is browned, add 2 jars of pasta sauce, and heat until sauce is warm.
Layer in lasagne pan: layer of sauce, lasagne noodles, ricotta mixture, sauce mixture, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, noodles, ricotta, sauce, cheddar, mozzarella, until you run out of ingredients.
Bake at 325 for 25 minutes, or until the cheese on the top layer is bubbly and starting to brown.
To save time, you can mix the sauce mixture and the ricotta mixture. You can also add any number of vegetables.
You'll also love
- Ultimate Chicken Fingers (courtesy... 1.6/5 (68 Votes)
- Homemade Mac & Cheese (#2) 1.6/5 (52 Votes)
- BBQ Baked Potatoes 1.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Roast Beef 1.6/5 (99 Votes)
- Simple Granola 1.6/5 (70 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken, Potato &... 1.5/5 (46 Votes)
- spagetti sauce 1.4/5 (69 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.