Homemade Mac & Cheese (#2)
- 2 cups pasta (uncooked)
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 tbs. flour
- 1/2 stick Crackerbarrel or Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbs. sugar
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- Ritz cracker crumbs
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Boil pasta al dente according to package directions.
Put nutmeg, butter, and flour in double boiler and melt with 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper and sugar.
Stir together with milk (stirring not to get it too thick).
Cut cheese and melt into mixture, stirring constantly.
Pour pasta into a baking dish and pour cheese mixture over the pasta. Put cracker crumbs on top with butter in spots.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour and crumbs get brown. ENJOY!!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!