Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
A variation of cheeses make a good macaroni and cheese. Cheddar and American cheese is a favorite. Experiment to find the cheeses you like best in yours.
- 8 ounces or 1 1/2 c. uncooked macaroni
- 2 T. butter
- small chopped onion
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 8 ounces of chopped cheeses
- (1/2 t. optional garlic powder)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 T. butter
- 1/2 cup finely ground crackers
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Boil and cook macaroni until tender but not overdone or mushy.Drain but do not rinse.
In the meantime, prepare your sauce by melting the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and salt and pepper to taste. Add the flour, mix and slowly add the milk with a whisk. Add the cheeses and cook until melted. Add the drained macaroni and mix. Pour into a greased casserole dish.
Melt 4 T. butter and mix with 1/2 cup finely ground up crackers. Sprinkle this on top of the macaroni and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Your Favorite Chocolate Chip... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipper Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Cheesy Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pepper Pecorino Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pepper Steak Sandwiches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Ice Cream Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 2 Step Creamy Chicken and Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tropical Fruit Ambrosia 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!