Meatless Baked Ziti
- 1 pound of dried ziti
- 3 1/2 cups of quick tomatoe sauce
- 1 pound of fresh mozzarella half cut 1/2 cubes 1/2 thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt to taste
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 400
Bring large pot to boil, salt, boil pasta till Al dente
Drain pasta and place in a big bowl
Toss cooked pasta with marinara sauce, cubed mozzarella, 1/2 parmesan cheese, black pepper, and pepper flakes
Transfer pasta to an oiled 9 x 13 inch baking dish
Cover with sliced mozzarella, and sprinkle rest of parmesan cheese on top
Bake untill lightly browned (30 minutes)
You can also make this dish with any knid of meat or vegetables.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza Cups are just what you need when snack o'clock rolls around!
- 1/2 cauliflower head
- 8 eggs for cauliflower mix
- 4-6 cups shredded cheese
- 6 slices salami
- 6 tbsp pizza Sauce
- Boil diced cauliflower in salted water until tender.
- Blend, then transfer to mixing bowl.
- Mix in 2 eggs, pepper and 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Share the cauliflower mixture out between 6 ramekins, forming little cups
- Add 1 cup of shredded cheese
- Bake for 25 min at 375°F
- Add a slice of salami, a tbsp of pizza sauce, and one raw egg to each ramekin
- Top with cheese and return to oven for 7 min at 375°F
- Serve, and enjoy!