Our favorite vegetarian pasta recipes - 5 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Vegetarian pasta recipes
Slice the zucchini into slices using a slicer, salt them and allow to drain for an hour
- 4 zucchini
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- lemon juice salt
43 Delicious Pasta Recipes That Aren't Spaghetti
There are 350 different kinds of pasta... Why stop at spaghetti?
Toss all ingredients
- 2 Roma tomatoes seeded
- Pasta cooked
- Garlic minced
- Olive oil
- Basil, fresh and in thin strips
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese grated
VIDEO: Crispy Fried Pasta Dippers
Run out of chips for the party ? Fry some pasta! Guaranteed success!
Meatless Baked Ziti
- 1 pound of dried ziti
- 3 1/2 cups of quick tomatoe sauce
- 1 pound of fresh mozzarella half cut 1/2 cubes 1/2 thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt to taste
Quick and easy pasta sauce
- 1-8 oz. block cream cheese
- 1 pint half and half
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/2 stick butter
VIDEO: Rainbow Shrimp Pasta
With a creamy paprika sauce, this is one show-stopping dish!
Cavatappi with Spinach, Beans and Asiago Cheese
By Carolyn Haslam-ODea
This is a hot salad. You can use any kind of pasta
- 8 cups fresh chopped spinach leaves
- 4 cups hot cooked cavatappi ( 6oz uncooked)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can cannellini beans drained
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup asiago Cheese