This is dedicated to Roberta as we all know how much she loves Nana's roast beef.
- 4 LB. sirlion tip roast
- 1 package lipton's onion soup mix
- 1 cup brewed red rose orange pekoe tea
- 1 large roast pan for stove top use ( dutch oven )
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
Cost Average budget
Add butter to pan. Heat burner to high temperature then add roast. Turn to make sure that each side gets browned.
Add dry soup to top of roast. Pour half of the tea into pot. Reduce heat and cover. As pot gets dry, add more tea.
Continue adding tea for 4 hours until the roast is done to your satisfaction.
Don't forget the gravy! Remove roast from pan and place on back burner on high. Put 1.5 cups of water into pan.
Mix 1 tbsp. of bistro and 1/4 cup of cold water together and pour into pan. Boil until thick and serve in gravy boat.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.