Rhubarb Custard Pie
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- 9" unbaked pie crust
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 Tbsp room temperature butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 cups finely cut rhubarb
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
add sugar, flour and salt and mix
add butter and milk and beat until well blended
add however much cinnamon you want and the rhubarb and put in shell
bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes then 350 degrees for 35 minutes, until set
You'll also love
- Strawberry Rhubarb with a Hint of... 4.1/5 (158 Votes)
- Killer Brownies 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Cake "Tiger skin" 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Spanokopita 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Rhubarb and Red Apple Puree 3.6/5 (112 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cake 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Rhubard cake 4/5 (17 Votes)
- Egg Custard Pie 3.9/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe