Top 20 pastries from around the world
It was a tough job, but somebody had to do it. Here we've rounded up 20 top world pastries on Instagram to give your sweet tooth wanderlust.
© Instagram - whatwedidbrisbane
Koeksister - South Africa
Never had the chance to indulge in a South African donut? Gooey, doughy, syrupy goodness awaits you. This braided delicacy (popular among Afrikaners) is made by first deep frying the dough then coating it in cold sugar syrup. It has a very honey-like taste to it, contrary to the Cape Malay version, which is oval-shaped with a dough that incorporates spices, such as powdered cinnamon, cardamom, ginger and aniseed. After being deep-fried, it's covered in hot syrup and garnished with dried coconut. Both sound pretty darn delicious to us!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
This French tarte tatin is golden, caramelized apple perfection!
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 apples, sliced
- 3 oz. chilled butter, chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Roll out a puff pastry.
- Lay out the apple slices in a pan.
- Add chunks of butter on top of the apples.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar on top.
- Cook for 20 minutes in oven at 350°F, to caramelize the apples.
- Place puff pastry on top of the caramelized apples.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 350°F.