Grandma's Oatmeal Drop Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 2 cups Rolled Oats
- 1 cup Raisins
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Blend the shortening and sugar in a separate bowl and then add it to the dry mixture. Stir.
Add the eggs and molasses. Stir.
Add the rolled oats and raisins and stir in.
Drop rounded teaspoonfuls about 2" apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 min.
You'll also love
- Grandma's Shortbread Cookies 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Mom Otteson's Pie Crust 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Nana's Chocolate Turds 4/5 (5 Votes)
- No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Shoe Fly Pie 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Abstinent waffle 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Willies’s Cookies 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Drop Log Cabin Cookies 3.9/5 (19 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe