Your Guide to Holiday Desserts
HAVE YOU DECIDED WHAT SWEET TREATS YOU'LL BE MAKING THIS HOLIDAY?
EXPLORE OUR TOP 10 HOLIDAY RECIPES FOR A LITTLE INSPIRATION.
Cinnamon Roasted Almonds - Almonds are packed with nutrients along their cinnamon sugar coating making this a satifying treat.
Traditional Cinnamon Rolls - What's better than waking up in the morning to the smell of baking cinnamon rolls?
Winter Snowflake Cocktail - A treat
for all the adults in the family
Triple peppermint bars - Candy Canes, mint chocolate
and cake? Yes please.
Gingerbread Orea Snowman Truffles - These adorable confections are always a crowd please.
Gingerbread cookies - a holiday staple
Red Velvet Cake Roll - not only is this cake delicious
but it shows off the color of the holidays
Grinch kabobs - A healthy and festive option
Peanut Brittle - this crunchy sweet and
White Chocolate Berry Bread Pudding - stunning and sophisticated
for a holiday brunch or dinner
What sweet treats will you be making this holiday season?
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!