Cookies and Cream Ice Cream
- 9 large egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 12 Oreo cookies
- crushed into bite-size pieces
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large bowl, combine egg yolks and 2/3 cup of sugar; whisk to combine.
Add remaining 1/3 cup sugar, milk, heavy cream and vanilla bean paste to a large sauce pan; bring to a full boil and then remove from heat.
Add about 1 cup of the milk mixture to the egg mixture, whisking constantly to temper the eggs. Add this mixture back to the sauce pan, then add the salt and whisk until thoroughly combined.
Pour into a large bowl and refrigerate until cool, about 3-4 hours.
Add milk mixture to ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer instructions.
Pour churned ice cream into container that you'll be freezing it in, then add the crushed Oreos and fold in to distribute evenly. Freeze until firm.
You'll also love
- Cookies and Creme Rice Krispy 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Applesauce Cake with Apple Cider... 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Squares: Cranberry Crumble 2/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip and Nut Cookies 1/5 (1 Votes)
- My American Chocolate Chip Cookies 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Sherine's Butter Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Homemade Ice Cream Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Ice Cream Float 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.