- 1 pkg. Gingerbread Flavor Creme Oreos, finely crushed (I used my food processor)
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 lb. vanilla almond bark, or white candy melting disks
- 1 Tbsp vegetable shortening
- Candy coated mini chocolate chips (pick out the orange ones)
- Black food writing marker (or dip a toothpick in melted regular chocolate)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1. Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well combined (I blended in my food processor).
2. Form mixture into round truffles. Make equal parts 1/2-inch (head) and 1-inch (body) truffle balls.
3. Place the truffles on a wax paper lined baking sheet. Put in refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
4. When truffles are chilled melt the almond bark with 1 tablespoon of vegetable shortening according to the package directions.
5. To assemble the snowmen use a toothpick to hold the snowman together (gently pressing the truffles together tightly).
6. Dip the snowmen carefully in the melted white chocolate and with a fork remove and tap off the excess before transferring back to the wax paper.
7. Carefully remove the toothpick before the chocolate sets by gently twisting while pulling it out. If some of the chocolate comes off the top when removing the toothpick, just dot some on to cover the toothpick hole.
8. Add an orange sprinkle for a nose before the coating sets.
9. Let the coating dry and then using a food writer you can dot on eyes, a mouth and some buttons.
10. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.