- 3.5 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 8-9 oz Acacia honey
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1/2 teaspoon anise powder
- A little nutmeg
- 1 packet of yeast
- (generous) 1/2 cup brandy
- For the icing:
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 350 ° F
Mix all dry ingredients.
Melt the honey in the microwave about 30 seconds.
Add honey to the above mixture with brandy (or water).
Knead the mixture and let stand 1 to 2 hours at room temperature, covered with a cloth.
Roll out the dough (1/2 inch thick) into rectangles or cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
Arrange the shapes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10-15 minutes. Gingerbread must remain soft in the middle.
Remove cookies from oven and cool on rack.
Prepare the frosting by whisking powdered sugar and enough milk for a smooth consistency.
Frost the gingerbread cookies with frosting right out of the oven while they are still hot.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (233 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies 4.4/5 (108 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (208 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 4.9/5 (57 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
This cake is made of cookies, and takes only a few minutes to prepare!
2 cups of white chocolate
1 cup of cream
2 cups of dark chocolate
1 cup of cream
4/5 cup of milk