Crock Pot Roast
So easy to make and makes your kitchen smell wonderful. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- 4-5 lb Chuck Roast
- 2 Medium Onions Quartered
- 6 Carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 C Red Wine
- 2 C Beef Stock
- 2T Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 T Olive Oil
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Set your crock pot to Low.
Preheat olive oil in a heavy pan on medium high heat. Rub all sides of the roast with salt & pepper, then brown each side (including the edges) in the oil. Place in your crock pot and add the onions, garlic and carrots.
In the same pan you just browned the beef, add the wine and whisk until you get all the brown bits from the bottom scraped up. Add this to the crock pot along with the beef stock. Cover and cook 6-8 hours on low.
Carefully remove the roast and vegetables, leaving the liquid behind. Turn the crock pot up to high. Mix equal parts water (or beef stock) and cornstarch, then add to the liquid in the crock pot. Stir until thickened.
This dish can also be made in the oven in a dutch oven. You'll want to cover it and cook for about 3 hours.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.8/5 (464 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Coconut Balls 4.2/5 (339 Votes)
- Panera Bread Chicken Noodle Soup 3.8/5 (354 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn These are the sweet 'n' sour spare... 4.9/5 (209 Votes)
- Mushroom, Red Wine Demi Glaze 4.5/5 (213 Votes)
- Classic French Ratatouille with... 4.1/5 (239 Votes)
- Crock Pot Homemade Applesauce 3.4/5 (202 Votes)
- Rabbit stew 4.7/5 (89 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
In this video, we show you the best way to trim and tie a roast, all by yourself! You don't need the butcher or supermarket to do it for you when it's so easy to do it at home.