Good old comfort food from a generation ago.
- 6 potatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup green peas (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Cook ground beef till brown. Drain off fat. Peel potatoes and cut into regular size pieces for boiling. In a medium-sized pot bring pot of water to boil. (enough water to cover the potatoes). Slice and chop onion. Put in water to boil with potatoes. Open can of cream of mushroom soup and pour into 2-quart casserole dish.
When ground beef drained of fat, put ground beef in casserole with soup. After potatoes and onions are cooked, drain and mash them with potato masher. Add mashed potato/onion mixture to casserole dish.
Stir the mush mixture in casserole. Add green peas at this point. Stir gently. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Honey garlic rice 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Southwestern Hot and Spicy Chili... 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Cast-Iron Skillet Chicken Casserole 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- shit on shingles 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- GG's Dressing 4.1/5 (13 Votes)
- Baked Potato & Broccoli Snack 4/5 (19 Votes)
- stuffed potatoes 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken with Peas 3.5/5 (79 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.