- 2 cups raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 water
- 2 T butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup whole milk
Level of difficulty Easy
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Rinse berries, set aside.
In saucepan, stir water, sugar and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Stir in berries and let boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
Beat butter and sugar together then add egg.
In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt.
Stir flour mixture into butter, sugar, and egg mixture. Add milk.
Mix until well blended.
Pour berry mixture into 1 1/2 quart baking dish and pour dough mixture on top.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
Serve with icecream.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1434 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.6/5 (1119 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (928 Votes)
- Stuffed Eggplant 3.9/5 (417 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Savoyarde Crozet Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (128 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Chocolate Covered Raspberries 4.3/5 (64 Votes)
- Raspberry Limeade Ice Pops 3.8/5 (88 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas