- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 tbsp meat tenderizer
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can tomato soup (Campbell's works best)
- 2 cups water
- 1 packet french onion soup mix
- 4 potatoes
- 1.5 cups carrots
- 1.5 cups celery
- 1.5 cups mushrooms
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Marinade stewing beef in meat tenderizer and Italian seasoning for at least 24 hours prior to making beef stew.
Cut up carrots, celery, potatoes, and mushrooms.
Dice onion and mince 3 cloves of garlic. Add with olive oil into large pot over medium heat and cook until onions are translucent. Add and brown stewing beef until browned on all sides.
Add can of tomato soup, 2 cups water, and french onion seasoning packet. Stir until liquid is all mixed in together. Stir in carrots, celery, mushroonms, and potatoes. Bring to a boil then reduce to low heat.
Simmer on low heat for an hour or until vegetables and beef are thoroughly cooked through. Enjoy!
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.