Christmas brunch recipes - 5 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: Christmas buffet
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Christmas brunch recipes
Orange Cranberry Biscones with Blackberry Coulis
By blwashnock, Brenda Sweet and Savory
This delicious biscone is a brunch item I make every year just before Christmas, it's fluffy and decadent with a bl...
- 1 & ½ cups Frozen Cranberries
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 egg yolks, beaten (reserve the whites for later)
- *2 egg whites mixed with 1t water
- 2 cups powered sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Blackberry Coulis:
- 2 cups frozen marion blackberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Christmas-Morning Breakfasts You Can Eat While Opening Gifts
The holidays are all about presents, family, and food. Bring all of those things together with one of these 43 easy-to-eat breakfast ideas!
Mamma's Christmas Sweet Bread
By european cuties kitchen, European Cutie's Kitchen
My mother used to make this bread every christmas
- ½ cup milk (at room temperature)
- 2 eggs (at room temperature)
- ½ – 1 tsp salt (I always use less salt, so I added ½ tsp)
- 3 tbsp liquid honey
- ¼ cup butter cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2½ cups all purpose or bread flour
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp anise seeds (I left these out)
- 1 tbsp bread machine or instant yeast
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup mixed candied peel (see notes)
- 1/3 cup candied citron (see notes)
- ¼ cup silvered almonds
25 Recipes Proving Oatmeal Is The Ultimate Breakfast Of Champions
Delicious, nutritious, cheap and easy... Start your day with the best breakfast known to man.
Preheat oven to 350 ° F
- 3.5 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 8-9 oz Acacia honey
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 clove
- 1/2 teaspoon anise powder
- A little nutmeg
- 1 packet of yeast
- (generous) 1/2 cup brandy
- For the icing:
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 milk
Christmas Treat: Monkey Bread
Very delicious treat never lasts long!
- 3 x 12oz packages of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- maraschino cherries if desired
30 Egg Hacks You Need To Try
Oh the things you can do with eggs! Poach 'em, bake 'em, fry 'em, boil 'em—but did you know you could do these 30 cool hacks with them, too?
Traditional Christmas Breakfast
Cut each strip of bacon in half
- 1 package of lean bacon
- 2 cans whole water chestnuts
- 1 bottle of teriyaki sauce