- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. ginger
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. salt
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 300°.
Add ingredients in order and mix well.
Roll into balls, and then into sugar.
Bake for 10-12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Old Fashion Popovers 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- sourdough bread 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- No Bake Watermelon Cake 3.7/5 (38 Votes)
- Mom's Peanut Butter Fudge 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Leah's Tiramisu 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Buttermilk Cookies 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Carrot and Ginger Sauce 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ginger Peach Smoothie 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe