Peanut Brittle. Discover our recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Grease a baking sheet, and set aside. In a glass bowl, combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Cook in microwave for 6 to 7 minutes on High (700 W); mixture should be bubbly and peanuts browned. Stir in butter and vanilla; cook 2 to 3 minutes longer.
Quickly stir in baking soda, just until mixture is foamy. Pour immediately onto greased baking sheet. Let cool 15 minutes, or until set. Break into pieces, and store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1450 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1144 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (950 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.3/5 (385 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 4.9/5 (57 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (199 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.7/5 (72 Votes)
- Turkey Stuffing 4.9/5 (55 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.