a traditional classy cookie
- This Is The Cookie:
- .5 c butter
- .5 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- This is the icing:
- 1 c icing sugar
- .25 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Also needed:
- .5 c raspberry jam
- maraschino cherries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cream butter. Add sugar and cream together.Beat in egg and vanilla.
Gradually combine flour and baking powder to the mixture.
Roll dough to approx 1/8 thickness and cut into 2" rounds. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 350 degrees for 10 mins. Cool completely.
Spread a cookie with jam, then place another cookie on top to make a "sandwich"
Combine icing ingredients together, then spread on top. It will be a glaze. Add a piece of cherry in the middle.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (182 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (139 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (89 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.4/5 (178 Votes)
- Breton Artichoke 3.3/5 (205 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (64 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.