a traditional classy cookie
- This Is The Cookie:
- .5 c butter
- .5 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- This is the icing:
- 1 c icing sugar
- .25 tsp almond extract
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Also needed:
- .5 c raspberry jam
- maraschino cherries
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Cream butter. Add sugar and cream together.Beat in egg and vanilla.
Gradually combine flour and baking powder to the mixture.
Roll dough to approx 1/8 thickness and cut into 2" rounds. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 350 degrees for 10 mins. Cool completely.
Spread a cookie with jam, then place another cookie on top to make a "sandwich"
Combine icing ingredients together, then spread on top. It will be a glaze. Add a piece of cherry in the middle.
You'll also love
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (228 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 4/5 (176 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (138 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (89 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.5/5 (169 Votes)
- Yorkshire Pudding 4.7/5 (64 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.9/5 (46 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas