Classic Pecan Pie
This classic pie combines eggs, corn syrup, vanilla, lots of pecans, and is baked to a burnished golden brown.
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup*
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cost Average budget
Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans.
Pour into pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
Cool for 2 hours before serving.
Pie is done when center reaches 200 degrees F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray. If pie crust is over browning, cover edges with foil.
You'll also love
- Classic Cherry Blackberry Pie 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Mini Pecan Pie 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Vanilla Pecan Pie 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Raspberry Tiramisu 2.7/5 (31 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes 2.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Lemon Mousse Pie 2.4/5 (7 Votes)
- THE Chili 2.3/5 (60 Votes)
- Pecan Pie Muffins 2.2/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe