Classic Pecan Pie
This classic pie combines eggs, corn syrup, vanilla, lots of pecans, and is baked to a burnished golden brown.
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup*
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 70mins
Cost Average budget
Mix corn syrup, eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla using a spoon. Stir in pecans.
Pour into pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
Cool for 2 hours before serving.
Pie is done when center reaches 200 degrees F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray. If pie crust is over browning, cover edges with foil.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!