My Favorite Gingerbread Cookies
Gingerbread is a Christmas tradition that stems from Germany. Making you own Gingerbread is not only a wonderful tradition you can bring to your family during the Holidays Season, but it's so very delicious and can be given as a wonderful gift!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Gingerbread spice pack (In Germany
- they provide a pre-mixed spice pack just for Gingerbread
- somewhat similar to our Pumpkin Pie Spice)
- **If you don't have the pre-mixed spice pack: 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp clove.
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Heat the sugar honey and spices in a saucepan stirring occasionally. Do not let the honey boil. If it boils, the flavor and aroma will disappear!
Remove from heat.
First, stir in the baking soda (it will foam) and adding the margarine until melted. Stir in the egg and finally the flour.
Knead the dough on a floured surface until combined.
Roll out the dough, cut out cookies, or design your own gingerbread house!
Bake: 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
You'll also love
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (235 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Mini Sweet Potato Custard Pies 4.4/5 (108 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (208 Votes)
- Ginger Crinkles 4.9/5 (57 Votes)
- gingerbread house 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chocolate Cranberry Christmas... 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.