Mom's Carrot Cake
- 2 cups self rising flour 3 cups grated carrots 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil 2 t. soda 2 cups sugar 2 t. cinnamon 4 eggs Mix dry ingredients well. Add eggs,oil, carrots and spices. Beat. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. (Baking time differs with ovens, humidity. Always check with toothpick.) Frosting----1-8 oz cream cheese 2 t. vanilla 1 stick margarine 1 lb powdered sugar 1 cup nuts Mix together and spread on top of cake. | -4-
- 5: "All happiness depends on a great cake! " | Carrot Cake Frosting 1- 8 oz cream cheese, softened 1/2 stick butter, softened 1 lb 4x powdered sugar 2 t. vanilla 1 cup pecans, optional Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add pecans and spread on cake. | -5
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Mix dry ingredients well. Add eggs, oil, carrots and spices. Beat. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. (Baking times differs with ovens, humidity, etc. Always check with a toothpick.)
Mix cream cheese butter and vanilla. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add pecans and spread on cake.
You'll also love
- Dishpan Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Texas Sheet Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cake: Easy Ball Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Butter Raisin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Marie's Soft Molasses... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Waffles: Easy Light 'n' Crispy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Grandma's Banana Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 3 Layer Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!