A very large batch of deliciously crisp cookies.
- 2 C sugar
- 2 C brown sugar
- 2 C coconut
- 2 C pecans, chopped
- 2 C vegetable oil
- 2 C chocolate chips
- 4 C flour
- 4 C frosted flakes
- 6 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 C raw old fashioned oats
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 12mins
Cost Average budget
Mix sugars & oil. Add eggs & mix well. Mix baking soda & powder with flour & add to sugar mixture. Add remaining ingredients & use a big spoon to mix well.
Preheat oven to 350* F. Drop cookies by Tbsp full onto parchment or silicone lined pans. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven & cool slightly before removing to racks to cool completely.
Makes up to 18 dozen cookies. For holidays add 1 large bag of holuday colored m&m's when adding chocolate chips.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!