Lemon glaze recipes - 3 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
These Spanish empanadas are little hot pockets of delicious!
- 2.25 Cups of flour
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 3 Tsp. of lard
- 1/5 Cup of warm water
- 5 Tsp. of olive oil
- 1 Onion, minced
- 1/2 pound of ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 Tsp. of chili powder
- 1 Tsp. of cumin
- 2 Garlic cloves, diced
- 1 Can of diced tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the flour, beaten egg, lard, warm water, and olive oil, and mix thoroughly.
- In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and sautée the onions, until tender. Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, garlic and diced tomatoes. Cook until beef is no longer pink, and the flavors have incorporated well.
- Roll out the empanada dough, and cut out circles with a ramekin.
- Cover a baking tray with a piece of parchment paper, and place the dough circles on top.
- Fill with meat mixture, fold in half and press with the edge of a fork. Brush with egg yolk to glaze.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Lemon glaze recipes
Lemon Blueberry Bread
This is one of the most flavorful, moist quick breads I’ve ever made
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour + 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- For the Syrup:
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
PREHEAT OVEN TO 325 GREASE 13 X 9 X 2 PAN
- 1 C WATER
- 1 PKG LEMON JELLO
- 1 BOX YELLOW CAKE MIX
- 3/4 C OIL
- 2 EGGS
- 1 TSP LEMON OR ALMOND EXTRACT
- GLAZE 1 CUP POWERED SUGAR AND JUICE OF 1 LEMON
Apricot Nectar Cake
Mix cake mix and jello (dry)
- 1 package yellow cake mix (in a bag, not a box)
- 1 package lemon jello (small box)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Apricot Nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar