German Apple Cake (Apfelkuchen)
- 1 c Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 2 c Sugar
- 1 t Baking Soda
- 1 t Vanilla
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 t Cinnamon
- 2 c Flour
- 4 sliced Apples
- 1 c Walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 T Butter
- 1 T Vanilla
- 3/4 c Powdered Sugar
- 3 oz softened Cream Cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Cooking time 60mins
Cost Average budget
Peel, core and slice apples
Beat together eggs and oil. Add sugar, baking soda, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and flour. Fold in apples and walnuts.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Ice while hot.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Cider-Mill Stuffed Apples 4.4/5 (354 Votes)
- Apple Tart 4/5 (137 Votes)
- Apple and breton biscuits tart... 3.1/5 (210 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.8/5 (53 Votes)
- Cream Cheese Frosting 4.9/5 (46 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.