Sweet Tomato Chutney
- Fresh roma tomatoes
- Chopped garlic
- Whole red peppers (dried)
- Brown and white sugar
- Cinnamon sticks
- Hot green chillies (fresh)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Take roma tomatoes and remove skin (easiest is to put in hot water). Put in processor until semi-puree.
Heat oil and put everything except sugar, garlic, and green chillies.
Add garlic and satuee for a min, until slightly golden brown.
Add tomatoes. Cook till it is thick and then add sugar to taste and hot green chillies. Can add salt to taste.
You'll also love
- Tossed salad with sesame seed... 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Creamy Three Cheese and Broccoli... 4.1/5 (35 Votes)
- Chicken Tikka Masala 3.9/5 (70 Votes)
- Grandma's Delicious Halloween... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Spicy Shrimp and Avocado Bite on... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot Soup 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Ice cream 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemonade 4.1/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!