Sweet Tomato Chutney
- Fresh roma tomatoes
- Chopped garlic
- Whole red peppers (dried)
- Brown and white sugar
- Cinnamon sticks
- Hot green chillies (fresh)
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Take roma tomatoes and remove skin (easiest is to put in hot water). Put in processor until semi-puree.
Heat oil and put everything except sugar, garlic, and green chillies.
Add garlic and satuee for a min, until slightly golden brown.
Add tomatoes. Cook till it is thick and then add sugar to taste and hot green chillies. Can add salt to taste.
You'll also love
- Kesari variation 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Parmesan Potatoes 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Onion Curry (negative calorie) 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Spicy potatoes o gratin 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Idli 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Beer Brined Chicken with Giblet... 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Crab Curry with Kaffir Lime 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Amy (mom)'s sweet potato supreme 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!