Chicken Tikka Masala
By Sophie , blog Dans la cuisine de Sophie
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 3/4 inch ginger
- some olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons of garam masala
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 4 chicken breasts without skin
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 small handful of chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 2 limes
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Preheated oven to 350 ° F
Peel the garlic and ginger, then grate them as finely as possible. In a bowl, combine garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin, coriander, and 2 tablespoons of garam masala, mix. Take half of this mixture and place in a bowl with the yogurt and the chicken breasts cut into chunks. Mix well, cover with plastic wrap and marinate at least 30 minutes.
Drizzle olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the finely chopped onions with the remaining mixture of spices and herbs. Cook for 15 minutes, without leaving too much color. Add the tomato puree, crushed almonds and 1/5 cup water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix and simmer a few minutes. When the sauce has thickened, remove from heat and set aside.
Place the marinated chicken on a rack in the oven and cook, turning frequently.
Meanwhile, heat the sauce, add the sour cream and the remaining tablespoon of garam masala. Stir and adjust seasoning if necessary. From the beginning of boiling, remove the pan from the heat and add chicken. Sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves and sprinkle with lime juice. Serve immediately with basmati rice and naan.
You'll also love
- Chicken Biriyani 4.2/5 (23 Votes)
- Mexican Tortilla Lasagna 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Channa Chaat 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Sour Cream and Chive Chops 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pepper Chicken Masala 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Chicken biryani south Indian style 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.