Tossed salad with sesame seed dressing
- - cherry tomatoes, washed, hulled, and cut in two
- - arugula washed and drained
- - any other greens (spring mix, spinach, and/or romaine)
- 1 bunch chives, washed and chopped,
- 2 tbsp of mustard,
- 6 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
In a bowl whisk up the dressing by incorporating mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Reserve.
In a dry nonstick skillet, toast the sesame seeds until golden. Stir constantly with a spatula, when they becomes dark blonde, mix with dressing.
In a bowl mix the salad greens and divide on 6 plates. Add the cherry tomatoes and and spoons on the dressing stirring frequently because the sesame seeds tends to stay at the bottom of the bowl.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Learn how to make authentic homemade tomato sauce. It's easy as 1-2-3!