Wilted Spinach Salad
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 pkg spinach
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 thinly sliced medium onion
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp grated lemon jest
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Toast pine nuts in 350F oven about 5 minutes.
In a large serving bowl, combine spinach, mushrooms, onion, and raisins.
In a small pot, combine juice, mustard, honey, salt and pepper.
Whisk in oil.
Gently simmer for a few minutes.
Pour over salad, toss to coat, sprinkle with pine nuts and lemon zest.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Bursting with cheese and wrapped up in bacon, these stuffed chicken breasts are totally irresistible!
- Chicken breast
- 6 -8 bacon slices
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small jar semi-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Carefully slice the chicken breasts, forming a pocket, without cutting right through.
- Fry the breasts until golden brown on both sides.
- Layer bacon slices on a chopping board.
- Place the chicken breast on the far left, and top with spinach leaves, semi-dried tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the chicken breast in the bacon slices, folding it closed as you go.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve, and enjoy!