Mom's Shish Kabobs
A traditional family recipes handed down from mother to daughter.
- pork loing - cut in pieces
- beef - cut in pieces
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- bread crumbs
Level of difficulty Difficult
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 45mins
Cost Average budget
Mix flour, salt and pepper and garlic powder together.
Alternate pork and beef on skewers. Roll in the flour mixture. Roll in beaten egg. Roll in bread crumbs.
Fry in oil; put on paper towel to drain.
Bake in baking dish at 375 degrees for 45 minutes
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.