My husband came up with this recipe for me while I was sick and craving fried mushrooms.
- 12 mushroom caps
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 tbsp roasted peppers and garlic spice mix
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Mix together spices and flour. Dip damp mushrooms into flour mixture. Deep fry mushrooms.
You'll also love
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (951 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Drop Donuts 4.1/5 (391 Votes)
- Savories- Polony & Cheese Samoosas 4.9/5 (164 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.3/5 (203 Votes)
- Hungarian Zucchini Squash with... 4.6/5 (171 Votes)
- Eggplant with sundried tomatoes 3.4/5 (218 Votes)
- mushroom and nettle tart 4.8/5 (73 Votes)
- Mushroom Soup 4.8/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!