One of my husband's favorite Korean dish is dumplings. He has missed having them since we moved to Canada so I came up with this vegan version.
- 1 pkg veggie ground
- 1/3 cup bok choy, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shitake mushrooms, diced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup Thai Chili Sauce plus more for dipping
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Fry veggie ground in sesame oil.
Combine all filling ingredients including 1/4 cup chili sauce and cooked veggie ground.
Place 1 tbsp of filling on wonton wrappers. Seal edges with warm water.
There are 2 ways to cook the dumplings depending on which you prefer. You can boil them in vegetable broth for about 5 minutes. Or you can fry them in a pan for about 3 minutes both sides until golden and crispy.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!