Monkfish Tails with Mustard
By Patrice , blog AlsaCuisine
- 3 monkfish 8 oz each
- 8 potatoes
- scant 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 2 1/4 tbsp butter
- 1 pinch of sugar
- parsley or chives (optional garnish)
- Salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Average budget
- Cook the potatoes in water. Place potatoes in cold salted water and cook 25 to 30 minutes depending on size, until potatoes can be easily pierced by a blade knife. Drain and pour cold water over for easy peeling. - Then keep warm.
- Melt butter in a skillet and brown the monkfish tails on each side. - Add white wine, salt and pepper and cook over low heat for 8 minutes, turning the monkfish tails halfway through cooking.
- When the monkfish tails are cooked, arrange on a serving platter and keep warm.
- Put the cream, mustard and sugar in the pan and reduce over high heat, stirring with a spatula, until the sauce coats the spoon. - Check the seasoning.
- Pour this sauce over the monkfish tails, add potatoes, sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve with a salad.
You'll also love
- Cod with Garlic Potato foam and... 3.7/5 (34 Votes)
- Mussels in Sauce 3.9/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic & Parmesan Roasted Potatoes 3.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Pork Shoulder with Potatoes and... 3.9/5 (13 Votes)
- Lamb, Potatoes, Crispy Shoulder,... 3.8/5 (24 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Soft Broiled Scallops with Truffle... 3/5 (25 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!