Mussels in Sauce
- 1 lb of mussels,
- peppers - 1 green, 1 red,
- 7 slices of smoked ham,
- 2 tomatoes,
- 2 onions
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 pinches of cayenne powder
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 small container of sour cream,
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Wash mussels and cook over low heat. Stirring so they will open.
In a saucepan cook the chopped onions in butter. Add the ham cut into strips and the peppers finely chopped, put over low heat, pour in a small glass of water.
Add 2 tablespoons tomato paste once the peppers have cooked. Season with salt pepper to taste.
Once you mussels have opened add them to your sauce. Add in the sour cream and simmer for a good 10 minutes. Add the cayenne pepper.
Serve with fries or rice. Have a great meal.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Pepper in Tomato Sauce 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini gratin Provencal 3.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Caesar Noodle Salad 3.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Simple Tasty Chicken Enchiladas 3.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Herring Undercover 4/5 (13 Votes)
- Dutch tomato soup 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Capsicum (Green pepper) - Tamarind... 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.