Land and Sea Soufflé
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter
- scant 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches of pepper
- 4 eggs
- 12 shrimp
- 8 oz of mussels
- 8 oz Pyrenees sheep cheese
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
- Prepare a bechamel sauce: melt the butter, mix the flour and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Then moisten with milk, and stir in until sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from heat. Add egg yolks, stirring the sauce so that it is well mixed.
- Beat whites until stiff, and carefully pour in the sauce.
- Peel shrimp and cut into small pieces.
- Cook the mussels just to open them in a covered pan. Shell them and cut into 2 pieces. Cut cheese into small cubes.
Mix vigorously shrimp, mussels and pecorino cheese in the sauce. Mix thoroughly and pour the mixture into well buttered ramekins, filling them until almost full. Bake 15 minutes at 375 ° and then 10 minutes at 450 ° F. Serve immediately on a bed of mixed salad.
You'll also love
- Jenna's cheese dip 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp w/Jalepeno Cheese sauce 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Rock Oysters with potatoes and... 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Clam Chowder 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Broiled Shrimp 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Mussel Soup 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic and Parsley Mussels 4.2/5 (68 Votes)
- Spiced carrot souffle 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!