Cod with Garlic Potato foam and Vegetables
- 1 cod fillet 14 oz
- 10 oz sea salt,
- scant 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 1/4 of cauliflower
- 1 fennel bulb
- 8 small potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 14 oz of peeling potatoes
- 28 oz of milk
- 4 oz of cream
- 8 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
Put the fish inside a mix of salt and sugar and reserve it into the fridge for 30 minutes. After the 30 minutes,
remove the salt by rinsing under cold water for 10 minutes.
To make foam: cook the peeled and diced potatoes with the garlic, milk and cream for 10 minutes.
Mix and strain. Put mixture in a siphon and keep it inside
warm water during the rest of the cooking time.
Slice the carrots, the zucchini and and potatoes in half, the
fennel in four pieces and the cauliflower in small pieces. Steam all the vegetables and the cod fillets.
Garnish the dinner plates with the steamed vegetables and the cod with the foam made of the garlic potatoes.
*The best way to have a consistent foam is to keep the siphon inside warm water until you are serving this meal.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Scallops & Asparagus with Capelli... 3.2/5 (123 Votes)
- Spiced carrot souffle 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Roasted Cauliflower 3.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Bestest Stew Ever 3.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Zucchini gratin Provencal 3.8/5 (27 Votes)
- Cream of Cauliflower with foie gras 3.3/5 (153 Votes)
- Tuna Fish Casserole 3.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Mackerel Rillettes with Crispy... 3.3/5 (227 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!