Hamburger, Potato Rival Soup A.K.A Goop Soup
- 2 lbs. Hamburger
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- 2.5 lbs. Potatoes Diced (skins on or off, your preference)
- 16 Cups Water
- 6 TBSP Beef Base
- 1 Small Chopped Onion
- 2 Cups Flour
- 5 Eggs
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
In a large cook pot add all ingredients except flour and eggs.
All seasonings are added to your taste. I usually make 2 full swirls around the pot of each seasoning, which seems to be good.
Bring to a slow boil and stir occasionally, being sure to separate hamburger as it cooks.
After burger is cooked, reduce heat to low till potatoes are cooked.
In a separate bowl mix the flour and eggs till they make an ooey, gooey, mess.
Bring soup back to a boil and drop egg rivals into soup by teaspoons.
Stir and let cook on medium heat for about 30 mins.
If you prefer you can cook hamburger first and boil potatoes first and then add everything together.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!