A traditional Mexican thick soup
- Kidney beans,boiled 1 cup
- Corn kernels,boiled 1/2 cup
- Oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Onion 1 medium
- Garlic,chopped 1 tablespoon
- Tomato,chopped 1 medium
- Tomato puree 1/4 cup
- Cumin powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oregano 1/2 teaspoon
- Vegetable stock 3-4 cups
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Lemon 1
- Grated cheese for garnish
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Chop onion and add.
Add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add tomato and sauté for 2-3minutes.
Add tomato puree and mix well. Add kidney beans and mix again. Add cumin powder, red chilli powder, pepper powder, salt and oregano. Mix well and add the vegetable stock. Stir to mix and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
Chop coriander leaves (cilantro) and slice the lemon.
Add corn kernels to the pan and mix. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Crush the kidney beans and corn with the back of a ladle and stir to mix.
Transfer soup into a serving bowl, sprinkle cheese and cilantro on top and serve hot with lemon slices.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.