Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Gnocchi
Quick cooking pasta dish full of fresh summer flavors and vegetables.
- 1 lb pkg Gnocchi
- 1 zucchini
- 1 summer squash
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and about 1 Tbsp of olive oil to the pasta water and cook according to package directions. The Gnocchi is done when it floats to the top of the water.
Meanwhile wash the vegetables. Slice in half lengthwise and then slice. Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium high heat. Saute the zucchini and squash seasoned with salt and pepper and the 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning.
Transfer the Gnocchi with a slotted spoon to the wok and season with a pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper. Grate about 2 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese on top and stir well to mix all of the ingredients. Add the pesto and stir well. When the Gnocchi is coated evenly transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with more Parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe for Sun Dried Tomato Pesto: http://ahandfulofeverything.blogspot.com/2013/07/sun-dried-tomato-pesto.html
You'll also love
- Salmon Patties 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- chocolaté croissants 3.7/5 (13 Votes)
- MARIANA SAUCE 3.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Diced Melon with Balsamic Vinegar 3.1/5 (82 Votes)
- Capsicum (Green pepper) - Tamarind... 3.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Parmesan-Garlic Spaghetti Squash 3.4/5 (35 Votes)
- sundried tomatoes and goat cheese 4/5 (10 Votes)
- Peach Pleasure 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!